Consultant and Ex-Hill Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Boston Consulting Group
, 401 West A Street Suite 950
San Diego, CA 92101
|E-Mail ||hello at iancoley dot org
Everything below the line represents my academic career. Once I have something more interesting to say about my consulting career, I'll update this space.
- Math Social Media / Organisations
- Research Interests
- Derivators and abstract homotopy theory
- Higher Algebraic K-Theory and category theory
- Stabilization of derivators revisited, arXiv:1802.04343. Journal of Homotopy and Related Structures, 14 (2019), no. 2, 525-577.
- The K-theory of left pointed derivators, arXiv:2009.09063. Submitted.
- The theory of half derivators, arXiv:2010.12057. Documenta Mathematica, 27 (2022), 655-698.
- Localization, monoid sets and K-theory, arXiv: 2109.03193. To appear in the Journal of Algebra.
- "Derivators as an enhancement of triangulated categories". Seminar of the Department of Algebra, Universidad de Sevilla, 10 July 2017
- "The K-theory of derivators". Recent developments in noncommutative algebra and related areas, University of Washington, 17 March 2018
- "A brief history of Algebraic K-theory". Seminar of the Department of Algebra, Universidad de Sevilla, 4 July 2018
- "The K-theory of derivators". K-theory ICM Satellite, Universidad de Buenos Aires, 27 July 2018
- "The K-theory of derivators". Topology Seminar, University of Chicago, 22 January 2019
- "The stabilization of pointed derivators". Workshop on Derivators, Universität Regensburg, 10 April 2019
- "What is a derivator?". Algebra Seminar, Rutgers University, 9 October 2019
- "The algebraic K-theory of derivators". AMS Fall Eastern Sectional Meeting, Binghamton University, 12 October 2019
- Cancelled talk on the stabilization of derivators for the AMS Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting, University of Virginia, 14 March 2020
- Older stuff (Caveat lector! May contain errors, especially when noted.)
- An explicit construction of an expander family, Northwestern University Undergraduate Honours Thesis.
- Abelian Patterns and Periods, UNC Greensboro REU Presentation.
- UCLA Algebra Qualifying Exam Solutions, Fall 2009 - Spring 2014. (PDF File)
- UCLA Geometry/Topology Qualifying Exam Solutions, Spring 2008 - Spring 2014. (PDF File)
- Non-mathematical Papers
- Virgil's Aeneid in Neronian Literature, Joseph Clyde Murley Prize Honourable Mention 2013.
- Augustus, Ekphrasis, and the Shield of Aeneas, Joseph Clyde Murley Prize Winner 2012.
- Empowering LGBT Scientists, an article I wrote for the Medill Equal Media Project at Northwestern
- The simple sacral dimple: diagnostic yield of ultrasound in neonates, published in Pediatric Radiology.